AI Open Day 2023: Trustworthy AI – Humans vs. Algorithms
Thursday, 1 June 2023 | Prague | Czech Republic
Are you interested in Artificial Intelligence and want to learn more in an interactive way? Would you like to explore and learn about concrete demonstrations of some AI technologies?
Join the afternoon program prepared in collaboration with the European Networks of AI Centres of Excellence and do not miss the second edition of the AI Open Day. If you want to see the atmosphere of the first such event we organised in Brussels in 2022, visit the this site.
The event was organised as a hybrid – you can visit the state-of-the-art facility of the RICAIP Testbed for Industry 4.0 at CIIRC CTU in person and see the interactive demonstrators. From 16:00 to 17:00 CET, the roundtable discussion with leading AI experts will be held and live-streamed from the next door Testbed Control Room. Come to CIIRC CTU in Prague or simply watch the discussion here (streamed in cooperation with CLAIRE).
Recording of the opening introduction of the European AI Ecosystem
This video presents the first part to the “AI Open Day” programme that was hosted by CIIRC CTU in the state-of-the-art facility of the RICAIP Testbed for Industry 4.0. The particular members of the larger European AI ecosystem – European Networks of AI Centres of Excellence (NoEs): AI4Media, ELISE, ELSA, euRobin, HumanE-AI-Net, and TAILOR – represented by the project coordinators, the prominent persons of the EU AI scene – presented their scope of activities and contribution to the “AI made in Europe“.
Live-streaming: Roundtable Discussion
Watch the recording of the moderated discussion on current topics related to Trustworthy AI.
- Yiannis Kompatsiaris CERTH-ITI, Greece | AI4media
- Roman Barták Charles University, Czech Republic | TAILOR
- Josef Šivic CIIRC CTU, Czech Republic | ELISE
- Holger Hoos CLAIRE, Leiden University, RWTH Aachen University, Germany | VISION
- Mario Fritz CISPA Helmholtz Center, Germany | ELSA
- Sven Mayer LMU Munich, Germany | HumanE-AI-Net
Moderated by: Alžběta Solarczyk Krausová Institute of State and Law of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
Live – Real – Interactive
Join us in person for a half-day event. Learn more about Artificial Intelligence that is around us or will be in a near future.
With live demonstrations prepared by AI research teams and a round-table with some of the main actors of the European AI community, come to experience and interact with experts on the pressing topic of “Trustworthy AI”.
- Learn something new in a dynamic and entertaining way.
- Join the insightful discussions with main personalities on AI.
- Get to know what stays behind “AI made in Europe: Trustworthy, Human-centred & Ethical AI”
The event was designed for:
- General public, especially university and high-school students
- Industrial companies, innovators and start-up community
- Researchers – even at the early stage of their carrier
The European AI community represented by European networks of AI excellence centres (NoEs) would like to invite all AI fans, with a specific focus on students and innovation industry, to discover some AI applications and join in an open discussion with AI experts.
The event is organised by the VISION project communication team led by CIIRC CTU in close collaboration with four NoEs that have been working on aspects of trustworthy AI funded under H2020-ICT-48-2020 call since 2021 and another two new NoEs since 2022:
14:00-14:30 | Registration and arrival of the participants
14:30-15:00 | Presentation of VISION & the European AI ecosystem
Holger H. Hoos
| Professor of AI at RWTH Aachen University and Professor of Machine Learning at Universiteit Leiden, VISION Project Coordinator and chairman of the board of CLAIRE
15:00-16:00 | Interactive Demonstrators and Open Discussions
16:00-17:00 | Round-table Discussion – Live-streamed!
17:00-18:20 | Networking & Cocktail
Round-table | 16-17 CEST
Wherever you are, on-site or online, don’t miss a moderated discussion on current topics related to Trustworthy AI, such as:
- What does generative AI mean and how far the development goes in different areas?
- Ethics of use of AI, impact on the society and change of dynamics in knowledge and information production
- Should we protect the inputs for teaching algorithms/ outputs generated by algorithms?
- How is transparency of input relevant for transparency and explainability of AI on case of ChatGPT-4?
- What are the conditions for trustworthiness in relation to intellectual property protection?
- What are the special challenges posed by Auto-GPT?
Ask your questions and discuss with the panellists through SLI.DO!
Alžběta Solarczyk Krausová
Institute of State and Law of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Czech Republic)
Charles University (Czech Republic)
RWTH Aachen University
CISPA Helmholtz Center