Theme Development Workshops (TDW)
Thematic panels and workshops for researchers and industry representatives on AI trends supporting the community in defining the strategic research agenda and innovation roadmap.
TDW I: AI in the Public Sector (7+9 Sept 2021)
TDW II: Future Mobility – Value of Data & Trust in AI (28 Oct 2021)
TDW III: AI for Future Healthcare (16 Dec 2021)
One of the most visible activity of the VISION project is the co-organisation of the Theme Development Workshops that cut across multiple ICT-48 Networks of AI Excellence Centres while bringing together researchers, industry representatives, and other stakeholders to identify industrial trends and needs and match these to AI capabilities in Europe.
The objectives are to jointly identify the strategic AI research areas and challenges in the scope of the workshop and to set up collaborative structures for further addressing them beyond the event. The main results of the Theme Development Workshops as well as from similar events of the four NoEs will be summarised, and complemented by a market analysis and trend foresights to provide a comprehensive overview of AI capabilities and challenges in Europe (see European AI Trend Radar).
What is a Theme Development Workshop?
- A one-day workshop with a limited number of pre-selected participants.
- Workshop programme consisting of plenary presentations and focused discussions in smaller groups and breakout sessions.
- Key objective is to elaborate common goals between academia and industry to define a strategic AI research and innovation roadmap for a particular industry sector or relevant societal topic (e.g., climate change).
Who should participate?
- Strategic thinkers and AI researchers from industry as well as academic institutions and other interested parties
- Stakeholders and experts open to discuss and contribute long-term strategic topics and challenges as well as more focused short-to mid-term activities
- At all career stages and levels from all over Europe to include multiple and different perspectives
Which topics and industry sectors are planned?
- Public Sector (e.g., trustworthy AI systems and services for public administration) – see PDF
- Mobility & Transportation (e.g., trustworthy AI for autonomous driving) – see PDF
- Healthcare (e.g., trustworthy AI to support personalized treatment) – see PDF
- Energy (e.g., AI for large-scale energy management) – March 2022
- Smart Industry/ Manufacturing (e.g., automated AI in large-scale industrial contexts) – April 2022
- IT Software & Services – May 2022
- Finance & Insurance – Q2/2022
… and many others
How to develop TDWs? Learn best practices:
More information needed? Get in touch with the team:
What is in it for you?
- Identify the grand challenges for AI in Europe together with leading scientists, key industrial players, as well as political and societal stakeholders, contribute to the strategic research and innovation agenda for AI in Europe.
- Meet like-minded people and use the opportunity for networking and participation in follow-up activities (in the projects and beyond, e.g. via internships, hackathons, transfer labs, PhD programmes).
- Costs for the workshops are covered, there are no participation fees (you have to pay for your travel expenses for on-site TDWs though).