| Sept 2023
NoE News for the European AI Community
We are happy to support the activities of our European AI Community, namely the European Networks of AI Excellence Centres (NoEs).
This newsletter brings you condensed information from NoEs (and beyond) towards the broader European AI Community.
The first edition of the Joint Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) of all six NoEs is now available online. The full final version will be issued soon. Make use also of SRA developed by particular NoEs as well as by ADRA.
Read also about joint workshop on SRA and on Future Research Trends in AI and Large AI Models organised by the European Commission on 4 July 2023 in Brussels.
- AI4Media Strategic Research Agenda on AI for the media industry
- ELISE Strategic Research Agenda
- Humane-AI Research Agenda
- TAILOR Strategic Research and Innovation Roadmap
- ADRA SRIDA: Strategic Research, Innovation and Deployment Agenda
- ADRA Strategic orientation towards an AI, Data, Robotics roadmap 2025-2027
With official start on 1 September 2023, the NoE community has been enriched with three new networks and AI lighthouses supported under the European Network of AI Excellence Centres: Expanding the European AI lighthouse initiative: ELIAS (sustainable AI), dAIedge (edge AI), and ENFIELD (green, adaptive, trustworthy and secure AI). Welcome aboard and all the best with your kick-off meetings!
- ELIAS, many congrats to the kick-off meeting held on 6-7 Sept 2023 in Trento under the coordination of prof. Nicu Sebe, University of Trento (posted also via LinkedIn).
- dAIedge will advance scientific progress towards new technological pilots, under of coordination by Dr.-Ing. Alain Pagani, DFKI in Kaiserslautern.
- ENFIELD will put together 30 partners 18 countries | 76 researchers in 18 sub-projects under the coordination of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU, Norway).
9 October 2023, 9 October 2023 | 10-12 CEST ONLINE (via zoom)
At this AI4Media workshop, participants will learn about concrete challenges that the media industry encounters when adopting AI solutions and the opportunities they see for further AI research with business potential.
17-18 October 2023, Amsterdam, NL
ELLIS, AIDA and AI4Media will organize the first AI workshop on LLM/Foundation Models focusing on cross-discipline interaction.
8-9 November 2023, Versailles, FR
#ADRF2023: AI, Data, Robotics Forum Generative AI for European society and industry as a premier annual event organised by Adra in collaboration with the EC will be held in Inria headquarters.
18-22 September 2023, Torino, IT
The 3rd International Workshop on Learning to Quantify (LQ 2023), is co-located with the ECML/PKDD 2023 “European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases”.
Starts on 09/10/2023
Ends on 01/02/2024
… and more:
OPPORTUNITIES | OPEN CALLS
The focus lies on connecting TAILOR and non-TAILOR labs: Researchers from a non-TAILOR lab are welcome to visiting a TAILOR lab and vice versa.
This world class pan-European PhD & Postdoc program will act as a reference point for PhD & Postdoc candidates in machine-learning driven fields in Europe and worldwide.
OUTCOMES | RESULTS
AI4Media has brought together AI researchers and media companies in seven use cases aiming to demonstrate the use of Artificial Intelligence in the media industry, including aspects of human-centric, ethical, and trustworthy AI.
To understand what makes a successful industry-academic collaboration, ELISE interviewed several ongoing partnerships in the ELISE network to see how their work has been shaped and enriched by the collaboration.
AI4Media announces a new open access book on “Learning to Quantify” published by Springer
On the basis of the EC’s demand, VISION in close collaboration with NoEs launched the Common Visual Identity for European Networks of AI Excellence Centres – AI NoE brand. The aim is to contribute to the visibility of the excellence of the European Union in AI research and innovation.
Joint Series of Theme Development Workshops – 2nd cross-cutting TDW on “Trusted AI: The Future of Creating Ethical and Responsible AI Systems” co-organised with all six NoEs was held online on 13 September 2023 and attended by 120 participants from 19 countries.
In May 2023, more than 150 participants from the 31 euROBIN partners institutions belonging to 14 different countries came together in Seville (Spain) to join the euROBIN Week 2023, a unique event in Europe.
Connect and Talk to the European AI Community on Mattermost
Mattermost communication platform is a result of the joint effort within the VISION project. The Mattermost installation has been established to provide an effective, moderated and functional communication tool for the facilitation of the cooperation, interactions and knowledge sharing between Europe’s AI networks of excellence (ICT48-NoEs), the AI research community, and other stakeholders across diverse areas of AI.
- AI4Media Newsletter – Get a comprehensive summary 2x per year
- ELISE News – You can also submit and share your news or even events!
- Humane-AI-Net News
- TAILOR Newsletter – Sign up and get a portion of this NoE’s regular updates at the end of each month
- AI-on-Demand Platform at www.ai4europe.eu– Contribute to the content through this Contribution GATEWAY simply through your EU Portal login!